Seabrook Island Real Estate
Seabrook Island is a private, semi-tropical 2,200-acre resort island 19 miles southwest of Charleston. The island’s maritime forest of palms, live oaks, pines and magnolias take you to the days when it was a remote barrier island.
It’s not uncommon to catch site of a white tailed deer walking gracefully beneath a moss-draped oak. Seabrook was developed with great care to preserve its natural surroundings and wildlife habitat.
Seabrook is arguably the most private of all our resort islands. The security force allows property owners, invited guests, and club members access through the gate, which is manned 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Seabrook is an incorporated community with an active, yet modestly sized, year-round population.
Seabrook Island features three and a half miles of Atlantic Ocean beach front and another mile of sandy shore stretching along the North Edisto River. Seabrook Island’s un-crowded beaches are ideal for swimming, shelling, fishing, walking, jogging and just relaxing with a good book.
There are no hotels or high-rise condos on the island, only one- to four-bedroom private homes, villas and cottages designed to complement the island’s stunning natural beauty. The golf courses and accommodations at Seabrook offer scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean, saltwater marshes and the Edisto river.
Visiting or living on Seabrook Island is a hardship most of us would gladly endure.
Like Kiawah to the east, Seabrook escaped the brunt of Hurricane Hugo and retained its lush oak, pine and palmetto groves. Seabrook is mostly a residential area with a quieter, more laid back, and less hurried atmosphere.
With golf courses, shops, restaurants and a marina village just outside its gates, there is plenty to see and do on Seabrook, just not as many people to share it with. The island was developed to maximize the natural beauty, while minimizing human impact.
Real estate choices include marsh, oceanfront, town homes, villas and golf course homes in a variety of styles and price ranges. If you’re coming to stay for a lifetime, visit our real estate section.
Condos, Townhomes and Villas on Seabrook Island
Bay Point Villas
Beach Club Villas
Bohicket Marina Village
Chateau by the Green
Deer Point Villas
Fiddlers Cove Villas
Golf Shore Villas
Heron Point Villas
High Hammock Villas
Live Oak Villas
Marsh Point Homes
North Beach Village
Ocean Winds Villas
Pelican Watch Villas
Racquet Club Villas
Shelter Cove Villas
Tarpon Pond Cottages
- Three and a half miles of beach on the Atlantic Ocean
- The Club at Seabrook, a private member-owned country club offering golf, tennis, swimming and dining
- The Equestrian Center is unique to Seabrook and has a 42-stall center with three miles of trails, English and Western riding instruction and our very popular beach rides.
- Bohicket Marina is a full-service marine facility three and a half miles from the Intracoastal.
- From Bohicket, you can explore our marsh and rivers on your own or charter a fishing boat to go off-shore for marlin or try parasailing.
- The island’s flat terrain and wide beaches provide the perfect place for biking.
- Seabrook offers a variety of special recreation programs for children, teens and families.
- Golf Courses
- Two courses: Oceanwinds, designed by Willard Byrd, and Crooked Oaks, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr.
- Fifteen Har-Tru courts, a well-stocked pro shop and top-rate instructors keep this facility consistently ranked in the top 50 tennis resorts in the U.S.